Continuing with the idea of helping people to solve their problems, I decided to make my activity compatible with the practise of mediation within the Solutio Litis Foundation of the Notary College of Valencia. While the notarial function lets advise and set up people’s legal relationships to avoid conflicts, mediation assists people that already have a problem, and helps them in a quick, cheap and favourable resolution.
Currently, in the Notarial College of Valencia, I am the 1st Censor of the Board of Directors since 2020. On a national and international level, among others, I am the Delegate of the International Section of New Technologies of the General Council of Notaries, both in the Council of Notaries of the European Union (CNUE) since 2015 and in the International Union of Notaries (UIN) since 2020.
Also, I am Delegate at the Advisory Committee of the Principles for a Data Economy Project of the European Law Institute (ELI) with the American Law Institute (ALI) since 2018, and Delegate at the Advisory Committee of the Digital Inheritance Project of the European Law Institute (ELI) since 2019.
Also in relation to new technologies, among others, I have been coordinator and speaker on the “Digital identity” and “Dynamic notarial documents” at NotarTIC Congress (Seville, 2016), professor on the “New Technologies” theme on the Fifth World Notarial University organized by the International Union of Notaries (UINL) (Rome, 2016), spanish Speaker on the “Electronic notarial acts and paperless processes” theme at the XXVIII International Congress organized by the International Union of Notaries (UINL) (Paris, 2016) and member of the Scientific Committee and speaker on the theme “Consumer protection in the digital environment” of the 4th Congress of the Notaries of Europe (Santiago de Compostela, 2017).
I am also the owner of the web and the blog https://www.notariallopis.es and of professional social networks like the Twitter account @josecarmelollb. Also, I collaborate with many legal and notarial blogs and publishers, for example:
- Co-author of the following ebooks on 2016: “Electronic Evidences” (ISBN 978-84-617-4743-6) and “Digital Will” (ISBN 978-84-617-4521-0).
- Co-author of the book “Derecho Digital: Retos y cuestiones actuales”, editorial Thomsons Reuters Aranzadi (2018) (ISBN 978-84-9197-070-5).
- Author of the publication from Springer for the ERA Forum “Notaries and digitalisation on Company Law” (ISSN 1612-3093, Online ISSN 1863-9038), in the year 2018.
- Co-author of the book “Legal Tech: La transformación digital de la abogacía”, La Ley (2019) (ISBN 978-84-9020-851-9)
- Co-author of the book “Blockchain: impacto en los sistemas financiero, notarial, registral y judicial”, editorial Thomsons Reuters Aranzadi (2020) (ISBN 978-84-1346-596-8)